Happy New Year! An Update Post


  • Happy New Year!!! It is finally 2014!  I've been anxiously awaiting this year for a while now, knowing it was our FURLOUGH YEAR.  Our whole family is getting giddier by the minute as we countdown to D-Day (Departure Day).  20 days to go....Eeeeeeehhhhhhh!
  • As I look back on 2013, I'm able to see so many instances where God was with us and working on my heart through the many ups and downs of life here.  It was a good year.  Actually, 2013 was a total success in that I never had to take anybody to the emergency room!  
  • I welcomed in the New Year with a stomach bug.  It was a doozy, and I had to miss out on the fun party our expat friends were having.  But I'm all better now and it appears nobody else is coming down with whatever it was I had.
  • Even though (or perhaps because) I was so sick, I was up at midnight to welcome in the New Year. Sean, Madison, and Paige all wound up giving in and crawling into bed.  I was asleep in the recliner but the booms of the fireworks woke me up and there was Brooklyn all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed! I still felt quite queasy but Brooklyn and I couldn't help but step outside to take in the fireworks going off all around our house.  It was quite a show!
  • Just a little. bit. more. school. to finish until we get our break!  We've worked hard, skipped our summer break, skimped on Christmas and other holiday breaks, and generally worn ourselves out just so we could take a long break as we begin our furlough.  The reward is within sight!  We'll get five weeks off and then have to start back up in order to finish at the end of May and then?  A REAL SUMMER BREAK!  The girls will be on schedule with their cousin Audrey, which has helped motivate all of us to work when we didn't want to.  ;-)
  • Did I mention we go on furlough in 20 days?
  • 20 days!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend