Brooklyn's Birthday Tea

Hi!  Our internet was acting funky the past several days and it's good to be back.  I tell ya, we depend on this internet stuff and when it's gone I get a little nervous. No contact, no idea what is happening in the rest of the world?  People really used to live this way?!  (Okay, so maybe there are still plenty in the world who still do...but I'm guessing they probably live close to their families, too!)  Anyway...

We had a party last Saturday for Brooklyn's 8th birthday!  Her actual birthday isn't until the 6th but since we're going to be busy getting ready to go back to Salatiga, we had the party a week early.

I have to say, this was a great party!  Brooklyn wanted a tea party and we were able to find tea cups and a pretty table cloth for cheap here in town.  I made scones (and popcorn, which isn't exactly considered tea etiquette, I'm sure) and we had yummy strawberry tea.  We also had a strawberry cake! Yep, we can get strawberries here, though I don't even want to know what they cost.  For this special occasion, I just turned a blind eye to what I'm sure was a ridiculous price tag.  But the cake was oh-so-delicious and the party was something very special with Brooklyn's best friends in attendance - her sisters, two other MK's, and our neighbor.  







Comments

  1. Oh, that looks like a fun tea party! Wish I could have been there! Brooklyn looks so grown up...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun birthday!! Looks like a lovely tea! Happy Birthday Brooklyn!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend