The other two


I blogged about Maddie on her birthday. She continues to be our little ornery cuss. She's always going on all ten cylinders! (Unless, of course, she's sick.)

So what about her sisters?

  • Paige is getting around very well crawling. She loves to go after things that she shouldn't be playing with and is bored silly with plain old baby toys.
  • Paige is also far more vocal about her needs than she used to be. We're working on getting her to go to sleep on her own. It isn't going so well. The second we lay her down in her crib, she's getting herself up again. I go in to her room about every three minutes to lay her back down. She's usually standing there holding on to the edge of the crib hollering.
  • I have a feeling Paige will be walking sooner than her big sisters did. She is pulling herself up to things already. Makes it that much harder to keep things out of her reach!
  • Brooklyn is doing really well in school. She improves every day on her reading. She loves it too. It does her bookworm mommy's heart good to see her cuddling up with a book to "read" all by herself!
  • The other day we were stopping by Grandma and Grandpa's house to drop something off. I ran inside to tell my mom that we were leaving her rototiller in the garage when out of the corner of my eye I saw something - it was Brooklyn, who had sneaked out of the car, and was now absconding with the pumpkin my mom had put on their porch! Apparently, Brooklyn had seen the pumpkin as we pulled into the driveway and she just decided it she had to have it. It was rather comical to see her waddling across the driveway with the heavy pumpkin. She had it in the car and hidden before I got out there to catch her in the act! She got in big trouble for "stealing" and did not get to keep the pumpkin (even though Grandma would have given it to her). It was hard, though, to keep a straight face. It was the Great Pumpkin Caper....
  • Brooklyn also did her best to help Madison have a special birthday. She spent a long time decorating and setting the table for a party for her sick sister. She was so sweet.
  • Brooklyn is coming up with some funny stuff these days. We were making Maddie's birthday cake and I kept hurting myself. I had just hit my hand on something and said "ow!" when Brooklyn said (in all seriousness), "I think you must be old, Mommy, because you keep hurting yourself."

Comments

  1. Love that picture! Hope the trip is beautiful and free of crankiness (our kids like to be cranky on trips that are over 25 min). Praying for safety!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend