Family Reuntion at Clark Ranch Westcliffe, CO

My uncle's ranch in Westcliffe...

Yeah. It's that cool.

All because Ted and Jean fell in love and decided to elope....

Future farmer?

Hay ride, baby!

No bath in four days + hours spent outdoors on the ranch = one dirty, happy, smelly 2 year old!

We had a blast at the Clark family reunion this past weekend. What a blessing to get to be there!

It was cold, rainy, hot, and...rustic. Everything a stay at a Colorado ranch should be, actually. We had it pretty good in my folks' camper trailer, if a bit crowded. We had one shower in four days...so coming home to a hot shower was pretty wonderful. I kinda like roughing it for a few days, just to appreciate anew the blessings of a cozy home, running water, and electricity!

Highlights included a delicious fish fry, fresh gooseberry pie, line dancing lessons (and the impromptu dancing that followed), hiking in the mountains, making gak and walking sticks, going on a hay ride, goofing off on ATV's, shooting the potato gun, roping lessons, church on Sunday morning in the barn, and, of course, the opportunity to see so many relatives all in one place!

My Grandma and Aunt and Uncle came over the mountain to visit us here. It's been fun getting to spend a little more time with them. I wish I would have had more time at the reunion to really connect with cousins and aunts and uncles but there were simply too many things going on at once and just too many of us chasing our own children and ensuring that they weren't trying to ride the llamas or anything. I would have loved a good hour or two one-on-one with everyone there, but at least I got to see them if only to say "have you seen my child?" before running off again!

Thank you, Lord, for the blessing of family and for the awesome heritage given us by Grandpa and Grandma. I love these people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend