9 years of Twue Wuv....

Nine years ago today, I married my high school sweetheart. Oh my goodness, I was eighteen, crazy in love , full of zeal for the Lord, and perhaps a bit idealistic about life.
I also didn't like to show my teeth when I smiled. Good grief.

Never once have I regretted my decision to marry Sean Cannon. I can't believe how young we were and one might have wondered back then how two teenagers could possibly make a marriage work. All I can say is, I married my best friend. It wasn't hard.

It hasn't been hard.

Oh, we've had our fair share of trials in this journey called life - but never once have we been anything but a team. We're one flesh. We're in it for life. We're in it together.

We've lived in Canada, Colorado, California, Costa Rica, Ecuador, and Mexico. We've packed up homes and settled new ones together more times than many people do in their entire lives. We've brought three little girls into this world - each one such a miracle. I'd say that the past nine years have been slightly adventurous. And it's nowhere near over.

I'm in for more adventure with my best friend; my highschool sweetheart; my goofball of a fella; my man of honor, integrity, and faith.

As we tell each other every year...I think I'll give this marriage one more year. Heck, I might even be able to muster up another nine years.

Comments

  1. Sorry I'm a day late. Has it really been nine years? Wow, congratulations! I remember that day...you crazy-in-love teenagers. I'm so glad it "took." Thinking of Brooklyn today on her birthday, too. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend