Happy 47th Anniversary Mom and Dad!

Last night was a night I won't soon forget.  It was special - a celebration of 47 years together for my parents. 

These two.  They've been through an awful lot.  But here they stand, 47 years later, still in love - probably more in love than they were way back when, right before they moved to Savannah, not long before he headed out to war while Mom stayed back in Kansas and waited.  
Last night, it was just the four of us, around a small table at a rickety steak house in a little mountain town up the road. With brief flurries of snow falling outside, warm, twinkly lights inside, and the constant flow of decaf coffee delivered by a slow and careful waitress, we laughed and joked and ate and remembered.   

The four of us.  We've been through an awful lot.  We've added to our numbers - husbands and five little girls, each of them a treasure - but for just one night it was the four of us again, and I was taken back to when I was a kid, and we all went out together for anniversary dinners just like this one.


It was, indeed, a special night, with a memorable ending too precious to share out here on the world wide web.  But I will say this. I love my family.  Dearly.  And I'm so glad I'm here with them right now.  These moments, they are a precious gift from God, meant to be savored.  And I am savoring.  Oh, I am.



Comments

  1. A beautiful night. We are so so blessed. Love you little sister.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend