Where does the time go?

An update.

  • We started back to school already.  I know.  What?!  No parent wants to deny their children when they are BEGGING to learn.  Really and truly, the girls were begging to start again, driving me nuts bursting into my room every morning to ask if we were starting school yet.  Truth be told, I was anxious to start back as well.  We really do enjoy homeschooling that much.  We have intentions to take a nice, LONG break when we start our furlough in early 2014.  Starting early means we'll have the freedom to do that. Plus, we're taking Fridays off, which is why I have time to blog today!  So you see, this is a very good thing.
  • Our first week using all Sonlight curriculum was very good.  We've been making minor adjustments to make it work better for our family, but overall I'm very pleased.
  • During our week off,  I was an organizing fool.  And I rearranged a lot of furniture.  This is what I do with time on my hands.  Sean doesn't know what he's going to come home to.
  • My laptop is on its last leg.  Sigh, I really hoped we could make it till furlough.  But in other news, I'm gonna get a new computer! I'm not so excited about having to buy a new computer but I am really excited to sit down at a computer and not feel that sinking feeling in my stomach when it gives me the blue screen of death/freezes up/ blinks a sternly worded warning at me.
  • I moved the girls into the same room - all three of them.  They LOVE it.  And now they have a playroom that rocks!
  • Have I mentioned that our sugar gliders have a little baby joey?  (Sugar gliders are marsupials, like kangaroos)  Cuteness!  Maddie is thrilled.
  • A week ago, I got to go along on my first ever flight with Sean in Indonesia!  It has been a long time coming but all the stars finally aligned for me to go along on a patient flight.  What a special day for me.   I love seeing my husband thrive in this ministry.  So proud of him and thankful for all God has done to bring us here and sustain us while we get a front row seat as His plan for Central Borneo unfolds!

Comments

  1. So fun to read your zest for life, Rebecca! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend