Poor deprived Missionary Kids who don't know the wonder of soft-serve ice cream blended perfectly with chunks of cookie dough...

English Club went quite well, by the way - there were 61 - and afterward, because I was too exhausted to bake up our usual Friday Night Pizza, we went out to eat. The name of the restaurant, believe it or not is "Steak Aroma" and they serve "steaks" - chicken steaks, fish steaks, burger steaks, paper-thin T-Bone steaks, and hot dog steaks. Thus the name Steak Aroma. Kind of.

Anyway, if you happen to be in Palangkaraya and you are in the mood for a steak you are out of luck but if you are content with a thin little hunk of meat slathered in sweet BBQ sauce, this is a great place to go! "Steak Aroma." It's right next to "Giggles Bags 'n' Whatever." Can't miss it. If you pass "Slurp," the goth clothing store, you are not on the right street. If you are more in the mood for chicken of the fried variety, I highly recommend "Red Crispy." It's on the same street as "The Pank Salon" (you know, in the big pink building.)

Anyhoo.

Store names being what they are here, it's no surprise that our kids are a little confused by what Sean and I consider perfectly normal U.S. franchise names. After dinner at Steak Aroma, Sean jokingly mentioned stopping at Dairy Queen for a blizzard on our way home.

Brooklyn quickly piped up and said, "What's Hairy Queen?"



Comments

  1. "Giggles Bags 'n' Whatever???" Do I even want to know what that is? And, I love the Pank Salon. HA! Poor Brooklyn. I wonder what she was picturing in her mind...Hairy Queen. Too funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to have some email correspondence with you! My husband and I are working our way towards joining MAF and I'd love to email back and forth and learn what it's like... meganrbone@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend