Happy Father's Day!

We're back from our conference feeling blessed and encouraged. We swam a lot and ate a lot of yummy goodies; went to the movies and played on the beach; shopped till we dropped and came home with cheese! We also spent lots of time with our MAF teammates who live on the other Kalimantan base. What a treat to hang out with old and new friends. I tell ya - MAF has the best people in the world. Just in case you were looking for a mission org to join. ;-)

First of all, Happy Father's Day to the father of my kids - Sean, you are truly an amazing Dad and our girls really adore you. Watching you with our girls makes me happy all over again that I married you!

I want to also wish my father-in-law a Happy Father's Day - you are very much loved by at least 5 people in Indonesia. We love you and miss you!

A year ago, I wasn't sure if my Daddy was really going to be alright after bypass surgery. This year, I tried to call and wish him Happy Father's Day but he was out running his daily 3 miles! God is so good.

I am grateful for my Dad for so many reasons this year -

  • grateful he's healthy
  • grateful he's able to do the things he loves to do
  • grateful for his big dreams that brought him to Colorado and helped him build a successful business (so glad I was raised in a mountain state!)
  • grateful for the camping trips, fishing trips, and picinics that I still remember so well
  • grateful for his fried taters and onions, green chili beans, and STEAK in the mountains.
  • grateful for his steady love and hardworking ethic
  • grateful for the many things he taught me like how to drive a stick shift and how to ride horses and how to fish and how to raise pigs (ya never know when the pig thing might come in handy)
  • grateful for all the times he's towed my car out of a ditch or fixed the dent(s) in my new car after I ran into my old car with my new car (and he didn't even chew me out)!
  • grateful for the summer jobs he gave me and the support he gave when I chose to work somewhere else one summer
  • grateful for his willingness to send me away to Nepal...then Canada, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico, and Indonesia.
  • grateful for the times he's come to see me in these far-flung places (even if it was usually so he could see his grandkids)
  • grateful for his wisdom and the fact that he knows when to share it (and when not to)
  • grateful for his giving heart
  • grateful for the way he loves his family!
Yep, I'm grateful for my Daddy. Happy Father's Day, Dad!




Comments

  1. BECCA
    THANKS FOR THE GOOD THINGS YOU REMEMBER ABOUT YOU OLD POP. WE HAD A GREAT TIME ON OUR PICNIC ON SUNDAY. WENT UP TO HANSON SAWMILL AND THEN BACK ON ALDER CREEK ROAD (TRAIL) BACK TO SOUTHFORK. YOU REMEMBER THAT ROAD? LAST TIME WAS WITH YOU GUYS. I PROMISED MYSELF THEN NEVER TO GO DOWN IT AGAIN. I REMEMBER THAT WHEN WE AT THE POINT OF NO RETURN. WHEN WE WERE GOING AUDREY ASK GRAMMA TO BORROW HER SPIT CUP. YOU COME FROM A REDNECK FAMILY. THEY WERE ACTUALLY EATING BING CHERRIES AT THE TIME. BETWEEN THE LAUGHING AND THE RIDE HOME MY STOMACH MUSCLES HURT. GOOD TIME TO REMEMBER. LOVE YA LOTS.
    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, wish I could have been there for the picinic. That Alder Creek Road drive we went on was a loooonnnggg time ago. Like 11 years ago! Wasn't the car on empty the whole way? Fun times. Ha, ha, cute Audrey wanting to borrow Gramma's spit cup - I never doubted that I come from a family of rednecks. I like it that way! Love you too, Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of you are making me cry! I love both of you!

    Aunt Anita

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend