The Update List

I don't really like doing these update lists instead of more in-depth stories about our life but the reality is that I'm SWAMPED these days and can barely come up for enough air to make a simple list.  But there are some things I'd like you to know and items for prayer as well.  So here's what is going on...

  • I had a terrific Mother's Day weekend!  I got to have a few hours at the local spa with some friends and came home to a new kitty!  She's so pretty and sweet.  We named her Princess and she very much has that kind of personality.  One of these days, I'll get a picture of her - she's an Angola cat.  I've never had a such a fancy cat before but I have to say, I really like her.  (Sean found her at a pet store because it was the only way he could find a cat that had a full tail and wasn't missing an eye or something.)
  • Our other pets have not been fairing very well at all.  Snowflake, our little white bunny died.  We got two more and they've both since died.  I think we're done with bunnies for a while.  Pretty sure they were sick when we got them but we are starting to get a complex.  Then, this morning, one of our chicks died - it had to do with rain that the chicks were too stupid to get out of and a certain dog who wanted to play.  Sigh.  Farming is rough.
  • I mentioned some new ministry opportunities a while ago.  I'd been praying for a way to reach out to our community more for a while and felt like I kept hitting brick walls.  Finally, God has opened a door!  We've started an English Club for kids!  I'm really excited about this.  Once a week, kids from around the neighborhood will be coming to our house (or my friend's) for a little English lesson, craft time, and fun.  We had our first "class" last week and we quickly realized we were going to have to work very hard to make this something worthwhile and fun for these kids who range in age from 3-13!  This week, I'm bringing out the big guns.  I've spent the past week planning and preparing. I'm really looking forward to using the craft table Sean built for me out of our shipping crates and all those craft supplies Centropolis Christian Church sent.  Please do pray for me though, as this is WAAAAAAYYY outside my comfort zone. At least I get to speak English the whole time!
  • Homeschooling is going pretty well and we're finally nearing the end.  We are working hard to finish up in the next few weeks - we fell behind because of our trip to the States and it's so hard to see everybody else finishing up while we still have to work. (But, the trip and the break was so totally worth it!) I almost convinced myself to just quit now even though we aren't really done with everything, but I realized that would be a horrible precedent to set for the years to come. Our first year has been so crazy and the learning curve has been steep.  I'm looking forward to some time off and a fresh start with new materials in the fall. Fresh starts are my favorite.  Hard finishes...not so much.
  • Please pray for our teammates, the Pratts.  They are currently on their way to Jakarta and then the States.  Jason's youngest brother was killed in a motorcycle accident and they are trying to get home to be with family as they mourn this sudden loss.  We are just heartbroken for our friends and ask that you pray for them as they travel and grieve.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend