The Sabangau

If you haven't figured it out yet, we're explorers! One of our favorite places to go is to the swamp. We take Duchess (our dog) and plan on getting good and wet. I didn't feel like getting wet (because it was pouring down COLD rain when we got there) so I played photographer while Sean and the girls played.

My cute little Paige hung out with me. She was pretty cold and the deeper water was making her nervous.


Sean found and then stole somebody's boat. I guess it served him right, then, when he jumped in and the whole thing just sank underneath him. (Oh, I wish I hadn't left the camera in the car to go out and lecture him about stealing people's boats. It was classic. I am telling you. Classic.) These little boats are seriously wobbly and you have to be very careful about where you sit and how you go about it. Apparently big guys should NEVER sit in the very back without anything in the front to counter their weight. The boat was very narrow as well. But it was a great fit for Brooklyn and she was whizzing around the swamp by herself in no time!

Maddie took a turn at it too. She kinda liked it, even if Daddy had to help her along some.


For those of you wondering, no there aren't any crocs or other creatures waiting around in these waters. Maybe a few snakes, but nothing serious like we might have found in Ecuador. Not even leeches. Now, the pollution in these waters does kind of worry me...but we haven't gotten sick so far!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend