An Update!

  • It has been a rough week!  The jet lag seems to be getting worse rather than better.  Haven't slept much in the past few days.  Yet somehow it is all worth it.  I love being here, being at home.  As we pulled into my parents' home late on Sunday, Dad played John Denver's "Back Home Again."  It is a perfect theme song to how I feel about being home.  
  • But this jet lag thing is for the birds.  Really, I feel like I'd be totally okay if it weren't for the kids.  They've really struggled to get into a normal sleep routine and we're not there yet.  To make matters more interesting, Paige has been sick with a stomach bug and throwing up at regular intervals.  I think she's better now...at least I hope so!
  • Brooklyn went to the dentist and had a tooth pulled.  She loves the dentist, so it wasn't a bad experience.  Bless her heart, she was really loopy on the "happy air!"
  • It has been snowing today!  Oh, what a joy to see snow again.  I love the stuff.  I'm glad the girls have had a chance to see it...even if it is freezing cold here!
  • Our house (we rent it out) is getting a major remodel due to a busted water pipe and major flooding that ruined the floor, carpets, and cabinetry.  In a way, it's kind of fun because I get to pick out carpet and tile that I like and the insurance is paying for it all!  The house needed some updating long ago, so this is good, even if we don't actually get to enjoy the nice new stuff ourselves once it is done.  It should make our house that much easier to rent, though, which is a great blessing!  Praise God for insurance.  Otherwise, we'd really be in a world of hurt right now.
  • My parents surprised me with a new ipad!  I'm in love with this thing!  I had no idea it could be so easy to use and useful in so many different ways!  I am still working out how to blog using my new ipad and one of my issues is pictures.  I think it might actually be that my Picasa storage space is full, so no pictures until I figure out what I'm doing.  But this is fun! Thanks Dad and Mom!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend