A Special Anniversary

On February 19, my parents celebrated 45 (!) years of marital bliss. To celebrate, Dad wanted to take his daughters and his bride out like old times. Growing up, Mom and Dad didn't often get a babysitter for any reason at all. On special occasions, we'd all four go out for dinner. It sort of became the tradition, even if was likely borne out of the simple unavailability of good babysitters in our area.

Last Sunday, Dad took us to a country club up in the mountains and we had the best blueberry pecan pancakes in the world! It was the first time in at least 10 (probably closer to 20) years that I remember just the four of us going out and we had a really wonderful time. It even began to snow and it was gorgeous.

Gosh, I love my family. Can I even begin to tell you how blessed I am to have grown up with these people around me, loving me? Can I ever describe how special this little lunch/brunch date was to me? I don't take these little moments for granted - or the fact that my parents have fought to keep our family together for 45 years. I am blessed.

Happy anniversary Mom and Dad!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend