We got packages!

The other day, we went to the post office (we'd been called and told we'd need to bring a car to pick up some packages, not just a motorbike) and found TEN boxes waiting for us from Centropolis Christian Church, my grandma's church in Kansas!  We were so overwhelmed!  So was the guy in the post office.  I know this is the most packages we've ever received at one time.

We brought the boxes home and dug in.  I was so overcome with the generosity of the precious people from Centropolis Christian as we opened up box after box of untold treasure and bounty.  When they'd asked what we could use here a few months ago, I'd told them about our neighborhood kids who had used up most of our craft supplies and obviously really enjoyed getting to craft for fun - something pretty rare for kids here.  So...they sent us a HUGE collection of craft supplies - enough to share with the whole neighborhood for the next year!  Buttons and beads, yarn and paints, crayons and markers and colored pencils and pipe cleaners and clay and googly eyes, oh my! There were also tons of Christmas cards from church members to open (my favorite part) and some Christmas treats for our family as well.


We got the packages just in time to take some of the Christmas-y crafts with us to our MAF staff Christmas party.  Our Indonesian and American staff kids had A BLAST making their own Christmas ornaments and decorations.  I wish I could have gotten a better picture of their bright eyes and big smiles as they realized that not only did they get to paint their own ornaments but they also got to take them home with them!  It sure made our Christmas party extra-fun for both kids and adults alike.



We still had lots of ornaments to paint so the next day when our friend and neighbor, Ester, came by I got them out again.  I couldn't believe how precise and perfect Ester was as she painted these ornaments.  To you and I, these are just simple, plastic ornaments that are easy to grab at the store for a buck or two but for that little girl, this was indeed a real treasure to be savored.


Thank you Centropolis Christian Church for your generosity!  We're all having so much fun...and we're just getting started!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend