Best Christmas EVER!

If you hadn't figured it out by now, we're just super-busy having fun with my parents!  Their trip over was a bit of a  major ordeal but once we finally got to Palangkaraya (and got the three bags that forgot to follow them here) all was well.

I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it is to have some family here.  We've spent a lot of time just sitting around the table and chatting or gathering in the living room and watching the girls' antics and laughing together.

This has been a time of refreshment for me and I feel so incredibly blessed!  My girls are just beaming under all the extra attention and love.  To be honest, even after nearly a week with my parents here, we all still seem just a little bit giddy.  I want to giggle every time I glance over and see my Mom in my kitchen and then I spot Dad napping on my couch and I want to jump up and down and squeal!  They are really here!

There are pictures - lots of 'em - but they are all on Sean's computer at the MAF office.  Hoping I can get some of those posted soon...or eventually anyway.

Mom and Dad have done a great job of adjusting to life here!  I'm so proud of the way both of them have handled all the new adventures and experiences (both good and bad) with grace and a sense of humor. They've sat on dirty floors, sampled river fish and rice, worked in the heat, been tackled by three little girls repeatedly, gotten drenched by the rain, ridden on the back of scooters, and followed me around on hunts for the illusive flour and butter in grocery stores.  Oh, the adventures they will have to share from this trip...and it's not even over yet!


Comments

  1. Awww! I'm so happy for you to have your parents here! Your post actually made me tear up as I dream of having my parents visit us here one day ;)
    Merry Christmas
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend