Happy Thanksgiving!

It's very odd to me that today is Thanksgiving.  Our dinner here was mie goreng, nasi goreng, and gado-gado.  (Google those, I don't feel like explaining Indonesian cuisine right now.)  We didn't even have pie....yet!

Tomorrow, I'm baking two pies and then I'll spend all day Saturday cooking chicken and other fixings for our little get-together on Saturday evening.  So far, we have just 4 Americans (ourselves and our MAF teammates) plus 3 Swiss, 3 Dutch, 1 Brit, and 1 Indonesian coming.  Oh, and 5 little wild savages known as the Cannon and Pratt kids. We are so excited to share our American traditions with our new friends from all over the world.  I love that about missionary life!

I'll admit that I'm really trying very hard not to think about the fact that we aren't with our extended families enjoying sweater weather, turkey, cranberry salad, football, and, well, family.  But you know what, God is still good and I'm still very thankful.

Yep, I'm thankful....for family and friends both near and far.  For little girls who light up my life.  For a husband that rocks my world.  For a great home. For teammates we get along so well with. For a really incredible opportunity to live in a totally amazing place and experience things I used to dream about.  For God's grace and presence in my life, making me remember that it is ALL worth it in light of Him.  For big things like tickets to go home next year and small things like unscented bug spray.  And puppies.  And books. And internet connections.  And air conditioning.  And the fact that we found a Cars 2 DVD at last and get to watch it tomorrow with our girls while eating homemade pizza - a fun Friday night tradition!  Oh, and I'm thankful for YOU!


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend