Short update!


At the retreat in Jakarta....

  • My latest post on the MAF blog can be seen here.  
  • I had a fabulous weekend in Jakarta and received some much-needed encouragement. I was thoroughly spoiled, laughed a lot, ate plenty of yummy food, and had an opportunity to learn a little more about myself and my Jesus. I also got to see some old friends, which was so special. I came away from the whole trip feeling SO blessed!  Sean and the girls did fine without me...though we were all happy to be re-united on Monday!
  • 4.5 weeks left until we can return to Palangka Raya...I'm ready to get home.    
  • We've gotten some fun packages this week!  I think we all needed the "little shot in the arm" that packages from home bring.  New clothes, fresh toys, and U.S. food products are such huge treats now.   
  • For several days we were hearing a rat scurrying around in our roof.  The good news is that it's been a few days since we heard him...the bad news is that there is a suspicious and horrific smell wafting down from the attic above our bedroom.  
  • Sean and I have this week off from school before starting our last unit of language school.  It's nice not to have to rush off to school!
  • Please continue to pray for rain in Palangka Raya as they still need lots more to completely put out fires and clear up the smoke.
  • Our girls are really loving their schools and I'm so grateful for that!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend