My Maddie Girl

Madison is growing up.  She's ready for Kindergarten and learning to read...at least, I think she is, and it's breaking my heart.  She's quite the little lady.  She loves homeschooling (we've been working on her letters in preparation for the possibility of joining the Kindergarten class in Salatiga).  

Sometimes, I know it's hard being stuck in the middle but she handles it well and by golly, if she isn't the sweetest kid I know.  She's also hilarious!  The other day she proclaimed, "America is my favorite island!"  I guess that makes sense when we're always talking about this island or that island in Indonesia. 

And yes, our girls are all really missing America.  We all are!  I think it has to do with the people there that we haven't seen in a year now.  Sigh.  But we will see them, oh yes we will...someday...and it will be the "best day ever!"  (something else Maddie says a lot :-))


My girls are growing and changing before my very eyes.  It's fun to see what they are becoming and sad all at the same time.  I absolutely treasure our time together because I am beginning to realize how fleeting it is.  (And I'm also beginning to realize that I'm getting really freckly and wrinkly and even getting some gray hairs and that I too am changing before my very eyes.  What is up with that?)

Comments

  1. Oh, Maddie, I love you! And you, too, Becca! Miss you!

    Aunt Anita

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend