A Little Relief from Boredom and Heat!

We often have a houseful of kids.  KJ's parents are missionaries here - he comes over at least once a week if not more.  Ester is our neighbor - her Mom helps me around the house and Ester usually comes to play with my girls while her Mom works.  Sometimes we have even more neighborhood and missionary kids joining our ranks.


With all these kids around it can get a little crazy, and it just occurred to me that maybe if I got a little more involved and gave them ideas of what to do they'd actually get along and have fun!  Boredom can really kill the fun, ya know?!  And let's face it, a group full of kids ages 8 and under can't exactly be trusted to come up with the best (a.k.a. Mom-approved) ideas for how to pass the time.


I'm really not very good at coming up with fun things for kids to do.  I need to get better at this.  Anyway, over the weekend, Sean pointed out that we did have a hose with a nozzle that would be great fun for the kids while at the same time putting a little water on our parched grass (it hasn't rained in weeks).  Why had I not thought of this before?!


 Everybody joined in the fun!  We don't have a regular sprinkler head (didn't think to put that in our shipment from the States!) so I got to hold the hose and spray them all down.  Yes, I quite enjoyed that!


But pretty soon, we had an even better idea - attach the hose to the top of the slide!


Man did they ever zip down that slide!  And even swinging on the swings took on new fun with the constant drizzle from the hose.


I think we may have found a new favorite pastime.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend