I miss him.

So...one week down and two to go. Sean is still in Spokane. He's doing well, working hard, mentally exhausted but otherwise having a good time.

On this side of things...well, it's....strange. No Sean. I don't like it, not one bit. And I have a huge amount of respect for women who live this way all the time - single moms or moms whose husbands are away at war or work or whatever. It stinks.

And actually, it has gone very well so far. We girls are hopelessly lost without our fella around but we're gonna make it.

I feel like these three weeks without Sean home are like a huge blank spot in my life. Nothing goes forward, it just stays where it is waiting for his return! (there's a very good Spiritual lesson in that previous sentence, by the way.)

We're moving internationally - in a matter of weeks. We have a few things to get done. But it has to be done with Sean. I don't have much urgent stuff I, by myself, can take care of. Little things here and there but not much. It isn't that I don't have a life to live but it sort of feels on hold. We take care of the basics but other than that....we're in a holding pattern. (Oh, lookee there Sean, I made an aviation pun - I must really miss you!)

I'm not trying to be overly dramatic (I guess I am anyway) because it isn't terrible. It really isn't. It's not normal and isn't exactly fun but its totally bearable. If Sean were just a little less wonderful, in fact, this would be easy-peasy. But, unfortunately, we do miss his awesome self.

Don't go getting a big head or anything Sean, but well, we like you and we'd like to have you back please. Study hard. As in stop goofing off going to Spokane Falls without me and get working so you can come home and help me pack! We're moving to Indonesia!
Spokane Falls

Comments

  1. Don't worry...I'll be home as soon as I can. I have had to do my own laundry, cooking, everything. I don't know how I am holding together for this long. The smiley pictures are just a facade to the inner turmoil of how I am really going to make it through another day without my 4 girls taking care of me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend