Ridin'


On Sunday afternoon, Grandpa took Maddie and Brooklyn horseback riding. Both girls had a blast. Poor old Brotey politely put up with them as he was led around and around the lot. Later, Grandpa saddled up his own horse, Jose, and took Brooklyn on a long ride like a big girl. She loved it.

One of my best memories of growing up was riding with my Dad - only back then, I was on Dixie (rest in peace, old girl) and Dad was on Camper (who now is so old he gets special treatment in a stall in the barn every morning) and Brotey was far too "wild" for a leisurely afternoon ride. I love that my girls get to enjoy the same special memories that I did with my Dad.

Too bad Grandpa doesn't have a unicorn, though....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend