A Special Weekend

I had a wonderful weekend! It was so nice to relax a bit...haven't been able to do that in a while.

We did have our yard sale on Saturday and got rid of everything! It was the perfect day and we were done by noon. I didn't realize what a burden was pressing down on our shoulders until it was over - what a relief to have that done! Now it's time to start building crates, buying needed items, and packing.....

On Saturday afternoon, my sister and I stole our mother and we all went on a special Mother's Day Eve outing. I cannot remember the last time the three of us went off together with no children. It was awesome. We drove up to the quaint little mining town of Creede. It's a beautiful setting up in the mountains. Sadly, it was windy by then, but we enjoyed ourselves anyway. We wandered in and out of cute little tourist shops (all two of them). We sat down in a little coffeehouse and enjoyed coffee and conversation (closed the place down, in fact). We bought each other cute little birdies to remind us of our time together and of each other. We drove back down to the town of South Fork and ate out together. We laughed. We shared. We did not once have to wipe a dirty mouth or grab a hand or take a misbehaving child to the bathroom for a talking-to. It was great!

Coffee in Creede! I love these women. Aren't they beautiful?!

Outside of The Rockaway in South Fork.
Sunday was also a great day. Sean and I got to go and just sit and enjoy our own church - it's been a while since we weren't presenting in a new and different church. As much as we enjoy visiting all of our churches, its nice to get to be in our home church when we can. After church, Dad and Sean fixed us a delicious lunch of smoked BBQ brisket (Dad had worked on it all day Saturday), beans, fried taters and onions, and biscuits. Yummy! I got some sweet cards from my little girls and felt thoroughly spoiled after my whole weekend full of special treats! It was a great Mother's Day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend