Daily Photo: Saturday, Jan. 23

Sledding! We had a great time sledding at Beaver Creek. The three cousins really had fun....even if it was a LOT of work getting through that snow for the little people! By the end of our time on the hill, all three were sitting here on the "sled bench" all tuckered out eating snow. Maddie got her head dragged through the snow on her first run down so she really didn't have much desire to sled after that. We made her go down one more time just to prove to her that it really was fun. She still preferred, however, to just sit around and eat the (white) snow. Audrey and Brooklyn both did several runs and had a blast. Grandpa Ben and I each took a few turns down the hill too. But nobody went down as many times or had as much fun as Sean! (except maybe the dog)

Sean and I took a ride down together. I sat on a tube in front and held on to Sean's legs while he sat on his own tube. It was fun...except that I got all the snow in my (open) mouth and couldn't breath the whole way down. As my father-in-law so sweetly pointed out, I couldn't breath because I wouldn't! Yes, looking back, I realize I might have closed my mouth and swallowed the snow or spit it out...or just breathed through my nose like any normal person would do. What can I say? I panicked! (Leave it to me to be smothered by snow instead of just thinking of wiping it off my face.)
Sean has more pics from our sledding outing here, including more shots of me struggling to breath with a mouthful of snow and our stop to eat on the way home from sledding.

It might be fun to go again sometime - maybe once more before summer? On the other hand, lugging three little girls up the mountain in a couple feet of snow with boots the size of Montana is really, really exhausting. One thing is sure, playing in the snow in the mountains this weekend reminded me of how fun it really can be and has me hankering for a ski trip....

Comments

  1. Love the pics! Looks like fun...and lots of work. Thanks so much for taking Audrey. She LOVES her cousins, Aunt Becca, and Ankle Sean. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend