Where did the week go?

This has been another busy and fast week. Did you know it's September? Yes. It is.

Exactly one year ago, we were arriving back to the States and to Colorado. Wow. That was a fast year...and a good one.

We got our first egg on Tuesday.We celebrated my mom's birthday yesterday with a lunch out at the golf course. Maddie and her cousin Audrey were being adorable. I have a video but it won't load. Maybe later.

My sister's family is moving here!

We got our second egg on Wednesday.Brooklyn ran away to the garage last night. Thank you grandparents for telling your running away stories, she took your advice and packed a blanket.

Our cat sneezes a lot.

Brooklyn loves school. She's reading sight words and spelling them and I can tell she's gonna be a reader like her mommy :-)

Speaking of reading. Has anybody read a good novel lately? I can't seem to find enough good books to support my insatiable reading habit.

We got our third egg on Thursday.

Paige doesn't crawl. She rolls. That's how she gets around and she does a very good job of it.

Maddie loves chocolate milk. I've started making our own chocolate sauce and it's awesome stuff. (and a tad healthier and a lot cheaper)

Summer is nearly over. I'm looking forward to fall! Can't wait to go for a walk through those aspens in the mountains....

Brooklyn did move back into the house, by the way.

I kind of want to get a Kindle. Am I crazy? I just like the idea of having all those books to read...without having all those books to store. But I'm not sure I can get used to not having pages to turn.

I also want one of these.

Did I mention we're getting eggs now? Did I mention I'm kinda excited about it? Did I mention that those three eggs remain in the refrigerator lined up like trophies because I can't bring myself to use them just yet?

Looking for a new worship album? Here it is. Daniel Eric Groves was just at our church on Sunday. Every time he comes, we're so blessed by his worship ministry.

Happy Labor Day weekend!

Comments

  1. Enjoy your eggs!

    So glad your last year has been a good one. I know a lot of people have a hard transition back to the States. We don't have plans to come back permanently at this point, but when we do, maybe I'll come to you for some advice! :-)

    About the yogurt incubator - I make yogurt at least once a week, without a special incubator. No special yogurt starter or thermometers either! I'd be happy to share my recipe/method if you like! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I will enjoy my eggs knowing that they cost 50 cents apiece in Wamena!!

    Ummm...about our transition....we'll have to talk about that sometime! I'm not so sure we're the ones you want to come to for advice on that :0)

    Please do share how you make yogurt! I'm dying to give it a try and I've seen lots of different ways to do it but I never know what really works....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoy reading your blog, Becca! Keep it up! By the way, have you gotten any eggs from your chickens yet? : )

    love,
    Aunt Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt 'Nita - Why, actually, yes we did get some eggs. Funny you should ask ;-)

    And we got TWO today! Wanna come over for an omelet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buy the Kindle!!! (Sean, Christmas is coming)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really? Do you have a Kindle? Are they really worth it? I want one pretty badly...but then I'm afraid I won't like it...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend