Garden Bounty


When we got home after basically a week away, I was astonished to see we had some work to do in the garden. Yeah, weeding. But more importantly, it's finally time to do some pickin'! Yee-Haw!

The sunflowers are even starting to bloom.

I didn't know how to pick the lettuce. It's been ready awhile and I finally just started pulling it up! I'm sure there's a better way, but before it gets too tough....

The tomatoes have been going gangbusters in our greenhouse. I love them. Nobody else does. I've shared a lot but now I'm thinking of hoarding this bunch and making some homemade marinara, salsa, or pizza sauce!

Yellow squash! Yummy. We'll be eating this stuff for the rest of the summer, I do believe.

Zucchini. We've got lots of this coming...I love it fried, grilled, sauteed...or in bread. Hmmm....which to do with this batch?

There is a small radish in there. I don't like radishes. There's a whole slew of them out there going to seed, too big to be edible. Why did we plant radishes?

Still to come...carrots, three varieties of potatoes, two types of onions, pumpkins, green beans, celery, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, bell peppers, jalapenos, Anaheim green chilies, an ear or two of corn, and two strawberries! We hope?!?!?! It's still anybody's guess as to what will actually happen in a garden tended by two amateurs.

This is awesome. It's so satisfying...and very addicting. We're not anywhere close to being self-sufficient, but it does give you a good feeling to eat something you yourself planted, tended, and harvested.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend