Anniversaries, Birthdays, and Tumbles

Sean took my camera to work with him today before I was able to download my pictures (he couldn't miss any photo ops and, remember, his camera is broken). There are pictures that go with some of this - they'll have to come later. I just wanted to recap on the past few days....
  • Sean and I had a great date on Wednesday night. We went to the Rio Grande Country Club. I love going there...even though I have to pretend I'm cultured and wealthy! Okay, I like to pretend that. What a treat to have lots of time to talk with my best friend and simply enjoy some grown up conversation!
  • Brooklyn turned 6 yesterday! Oh my goodness. She had a GREAT day. I'll post about that a little more later.
  • I took a pretty significant tumble after our date on Wednesday. I completely forgot about a step down into my in-laws' garage and whoops, there I went! I was holding Paige at the time and just naturally twisted myself so as to protect her. She came out just fine...I'm a total wreck. I twisted my left ankle, bruised and scraped my right foot/ankle, twisted/pulled my left thigh muscles, and deeply bruised my upper right back/shoulder. My whole back and even my sides are very sore, as though I worked out really hard for a few hours rather than just fell down! The fact that I so significantly injured all sides of my body, gives you a hint just how truly awesome this fall was! Sean and his mom were there to rescue me. Yes, unfortunately Sean saw it, and he's never going to stop teasing me and laughing about the whole thing. Can't say I blame him.
  • I'm thinking it really is time I visited my mom's chiropractor. Every time I twist, something in my back pops. (See above)
  • I was already limping bad enough but then today I went to step around the cat in the doorway and stubbed my toe VERY hard. It split open and bled and now it too hurts to walk on. Maybe I should just stay in bed for a few days and let this little phase of Steve Urkel-ness pass. Did I do that?
  • Other than the little incidents mentioned above, we're all doing great! I'm catching up on laundry and housework after a very busy couple of weeks and looking forward to getting back to normal operations...at least for a bit until Brooklyn starts school and then we'll start a whole new "normal." Oh, Lord, help me!

Comments

  1. Oh, Becca!!! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry over your tumbles. My goodness, you're adventures do make for a good story. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend