Snippets...

  • This has been a busy, busy summer. And there are no signs of things slowing down.
  • Maddie continues to be our little morning person. She's at her cutest, cheeriest, most talkative, and loudest state between 6:00 and 10:00 a.m.
  • Paige is beginning to become more vocal about her needs. And she hates to be put down for any length of time. It makes getting things done doubly hard for Mama...but I don't really mind the chances to snuggle my baby.
  • Forgot to close the door to the chickens' pen last night and woke up to them pecking around right by the house. I know they still spent the night tucked away in the coop but they were out early looking for goodies. I'm not worried about them running away (they don't seem to stray too far from their coop) but I am worried about the many creatures that could have gotten them. Guess we lucked out!
  • This morning I went into the girls' room to find Brooklyn propped up in her bed, "reading" her children's Bible. Love that.
  • I was away from home a little more this week and now I know why I can't have a job right now! Whew! It's so hard to stay on top of things at home when you aren't there. I also saw a daycare at work during the day (at a church where I was attending a meeting) and am very glad I do get to stay home with my kids. Thank You Lord for that gentle reminder. This is a season where I'd be wise to slow down, narrow down commitments and stop rushing the "next step." (whatever that is) I've fought this stay-at-home mom thing for five years - it does NOT come easily to me, but it is apparently where God wants me to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend