Froggy


We've had some sort of plague of frogs lately here at our house. Literally hundreds of thousands of frogs hopping all over - and those are the ones we can see! Well, maybe they're toads. Honestly, I don't care. They're pretty cute little guys and my girls have been having a blast catching them. They caught over 30 the other night in just a few minutes. If we'd gone out to the road they could have caught twice that in half the time. It does stink where they've been run over on the road. And it's kinda hard to go for a walk without stepping on any of them. Ick. My guess is that they must be hopping out of the pond in a field not far from our house. Nobody in the neighborhood has ever seen them so thick and, in fact, until last year there weren't any frogs in this area at all.

Wonder what happened in the balance of things to make these guys become so prolific around here?

Like I said, the girls have had fun catching them and then releasing them. Sean may or may not have released a few of them in the chicken run for a little entertainment. I'm not saying. But if he had put a frog or two in there it might have been fascinating to see how quick those chickens can move. That is if we were those kind of people. Which we're not! Of course not. Brooklyn wouldn't stand for it...but we do need to teach her a little about the food chain and all that. Frogs eat bugs, chickens eat frogs, humans eat chickens!

Comments

  1. I'm pretty sure chickens love frogs...but I'm just speculating...Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you might be right. In fact, I'd go so far as to speculate that chickens love frogs so much that they'll have that frog all ate up before he even knew what hit him...that's my guess anyway. I've never actually witnessed this natural phenomenon, of course.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend