The Local Cowpokes

With all the sand and mud right outside our door these days...and all the time spent playing in it, we decided it was time to invest in some good outdoor boots. Somehow, flip-flops and crocs were not doing the job. Red ants were making mincemeat out of our toes (as well as climbing up our pants to bite us in places an ant ought not be) and even if we took our shoes off at the door we were still tracking in loads of dirt just from our bare feet. After a trip to Big R (local cowboy store), we are all now more properly outfitted for the country! The hats have been quite useful too - against the sun and the gnats that like to eat our scalps.

(Yes, even I got a hat and some boots...and I LOVE them! It's quite nice to be able to step anywhere without getting muck stuck between my toes.... I've never been a fan of real shoes, but I'm starting to appreciate being able to walk.)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend