I love it...

This was an awesome, beautiful, gorgeous Colorado day. I just can't get over how pretty it really was. The girls and I spent a lot of time outside today, just hanging out and listening to the birds chirping away in our trees.

I've been kept extremely busy watering our lawn. Sean seeded the backyard on Sunday, so now it must stay moist. The front yard was already established and it's greening up nicely. It's been very time-consuming without a sprinkler system but I actually really love it. Not sure if it's just because of the challenge of it or the excuse to step outside several times a day...

We also have some plants started in the greenhouse. We won't be transplanting them anytime soon, but we did want to have a head start on them so they'd actually have time to produce. So far all we have are several kinds of peppers (which will stay in the greenhouse all summer along with some tomato plants, most likely) and some corn that we'll put out in the garden when the danger of frost is past. It'll be June before we can really plant our garden here, but I can't wait. Love, love, love working in the dirt and making things grow!

Discovered that we have actually quite a few lilac bushes! I adore lilacs. Oh, I hope we get to have lots of blooms to bring inside to freshen up the house this spring. Other bushes and trees are starting to bud out as well...we don't really know for sure what all we've got out there!

This was one of those Colorado days that makes me swoon. Seriously, this is one of the most beautiful places on Earth. To me anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend