Why Blogging?

Yeah, I've struggled with the concept of blogging lately. Mostly, because I feel like anything I have to say here could be said in person to the people who read this blog now! However, the general consensus appears to be that you don't care if you've already heard it "from the horse's mouth," you want to read it too. I have to say I don't get that. You people are weird.

But I have heard from plenty of you who say I'd better keep blogging.

I hear ya.

Over the past few days as I've blogged a little more often, the strangest thing has happened. I've realized anew all of God's blessings. I'm excited about my life and I'm even anxious to share it with you again. Many of you are right, our life is a little different now but still just as valuable and exciting. I like that you can keep in touch with me through this blog (even if you never comment and I don't get to hear from you...hint hint) but what I really like is that this is a way to journal our lives for posterity. Someday I hope my girls can look back and remember their lives through their Mommy's eyes. We're already in the process of making a book out of our other blog "The Jungle Aviator" and I want to make it habit of making books out of all our blogs just so we can have that in our hands twenty, thirty, forty years from now. It's fun to look back and to have some sort of record. And I don't scrapbook.

If you're okay with reading our family's journal, that's fine. Just be sure to leave a comment now and then, will ya?!

Comments

  1. so glad you are still blogging. i read them, every one. don't always have time to comment, but thanks for keeping it up. i've found it extremely interesting hearing about your life post foreign missions. what a great looking family you have...and you live in a GORGEOUS place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't comment on your earlier posts, but I just wanted to say, thanks for still blogging! I do love reading your posts and keeping up with you! sorry I don't comment very often. I have TONS of people who read my blog and never comment, but that's okay :-) Glad to hear how you are doing and hear stories from a fellow mommy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been keeping up with you guys since you left Ecuador. You have a wonderful way with words and a beautiful family to blog about. Thanks for taking the time to do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thanks ladies for your comments! I didn't realize anybody but family read my blog :-) I'm glad to get to hear from you. You've really encouraged me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becca! I always read your blog and am thrilled that you decided to continue writing! We can't talk "face to face" very often, so . . . keep it up! I love hearing about your lives and loves!

    We're fine. Enjoying precious little Anneliese (our 11th grandchild . . . can you believe it?!) We've been celebrating all the March birthdays: Shannon, Kelby, Kennedy, Anneliese & Graham!

    My love to your precious family! Also, to the extended family!

    Aunt Anita

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend