Blessed Be Your Name and other favorites

Brooklyn loves the Matt Redman song "Blessed Be Your Name." That song holds a great deal of meaning for me too. It's a good one, and I don't mind playing it when Brooklyn asks me to. We like the kid's version on the Absolute Worship Kids album.

Other favorites for wild dancing in the living room...

Counting on God by New Life Worship
Share the Well by Caedman's Call
Hosanna by Paul Baloche

Actually, any music at all is perfect for dancing according to Brooklyn and Madison.

We listen to a lot of music around here and our tastes run from Spanish guitar to Christian Worship music to Jazz. We're a well-rounded bunch.

Music plays such an important role in our family. We have whole cd's that remind us of different times in our lives.

We listen to music.

And we play music. Sean plays guitar, I pretend to play piano (oh how I wish I would have stuck with piano lessons - but try convincing a stubborn little girl who hates practicing that its worth it. My mom tried. Poor lady.) Anyway. We love to sing. I'd say worship through music is one of our favorite ways to praise God.

I'm taking two music classes this semester - World Music and Jazz. Wow. Music...rocks! (hee,hee. Pun totally intended.)

Anyway, I thought maybe I'd share a little more about my favorite artists and songs here more often. Maybe you'll find something you like too. I'd guess a lot of what I listen to won't be your cup of tea, but I'll share anyway :-)

P.S. I apologize for the cheesy youtube videos but they were the best I could find to give you an idea of what these songs sound like. The videos don't do much justice to the actual songs - check them out (you can preview them) on Itunes or Amazon as well. If anyone has a better suggestion on how to share my favorite music, please let me know!

Comments

  1. Great songs, I agree. Matt Redman led worship at our church a few weeks ago. Naturally, I missed that week. :( Love you all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend