Good Weekend

The girls at San Luis Lake...don't think we'll swim this time.
  • We had a nice, restful weekend. We took a drive on Saturday and ended up at San Luis Lake for a picnic lunch. Yeah, in November. It was kinda cold...and we were the only ones there. The girls still had fun and we did a little walking by the lake, which hasn't frozen yet. Really, the weather has been beautiful and warm for this time of year.
  • We went to a worship service at our church on Saturday night. Oh, wow. It sure is amazing to get to worship in our own heart language again. We're really enjoying church - we can leave our kids with dependable nursery and Children's Church teachers and the teaching we get to sit under is not only in English, it's also so good and just what we need. But we do also miss our churches in Shell and Oaxaca. I think we always will.
  • Sunday was a serious day of rest. We all ended up taking very long naps on Sunday afternoon. Guess we needed some sleep!
  • I'm finally getting things ready for the baby. I suddenly realized how close we are getting to D-Day....although, in other ways, five weeks still seems like an eternity. We're getting so excited to meet this little one. I look like I could pop at any moment and I am certainly feeling like a very pregnant lady, but we still have more than a few weeks to go. We got a dresser for the baby's room and I'm washing the newborn-sized clothes to put in it. Those clothes are so tiny! I honestly can't believe that this baby will fit in those tiny clothes. You always forget how tiny new babies are. At least I do. Every time.

Comments

  1. So you're 35 weeks already! That's shocking! How exciting. I have to say that my 23 week self is a little envious. I love all those tiny clothes and tiny diapers (yes even the diapers). It may seem like 5 weeks is long but supposedly each pregnancy is shorter than the last and my #3 came at 37 weeks. Graham came at 34 but we're hoping that doesn't happen again. I can't wait to see your little bundle. Does she have a name yet? I would love to see a picture of your oh so pregnant self. If you show me your belly I may just blog mine. I'm already getting the, "When are you due?..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pregnancy has gone very fast. Of course, we've been moving or in the process of moving pretty much the entire time...that helps! My babies are usually early - both our girls came at 38 weeks. Yeah, and I'm hoping this baby does come a tad early too - hence the sudden panic to get things ready! We aren't decided 100% on a name yet, though we have a good one in mind. But we're not saying until she comes! I don't know if I'm brave enough to blog a picture of my belly. We'll see....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend