Quotable Quotes

A few days ago, Brooklyn and I were discussing the coming baby brother or sister. Brooklyn is convinced she's got a baby brother on the way - mostly because I asked her what she wanted us to have and she thought a brother would be fun....therefore, it must be a boy! Anyway, the conversation went something like this:

Brooklyn: "Mommy, after my birthday we are going to the States and then it will be Christmas and then my baby brother will be born and we will name him....uh.....Shhhhhhurnk?

Me: "You want to name your baby brother Shurnk?"

Brooklyn: "Uh, yeah, uh-huh. I like it."

Me: "Did you think of that name all by yourself? Just now?"

Brooklyn: "Yep."

Me: "Interesting. How about something like Jackson?"

Brooklyn: sigh. "Yeah, okay, that works too."

(And by the way, I am by no means making any announcement as to either the sex or the name of our future child. It was a cute conversation of two musing individuals who like to routinely discuss what the future might hold. "Jackson" has not been approved by He Who Makes Choosing A Name Harder Than Labor. It was an EXAMPLE, people! And I really like it better than Shurnk.)

Comments

  1. Too cute! I like "Jackson"...if it's a boy and IF it's approved. :) I so understand. Steve and I still argue over names, even though there is no one to name or plans for someone to name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like Jackson and actually suggested it for one of our minions but Jard vetoed it simply because it made him think of Micheal Jackson. Since then it has became a very popular name and I would have been on the cutting edge of name culture. I'm also a huge fan of Aaron and Abie's Jameson after Grandpa Ted. I'm not a huge James, Jim, or Jimmy fan it seemed like a modern way to honor his name. I have names like crazy so if you would like any suggestions just let me know :) BTW the boys want to name new baby Tan. Yep just like Tanner but shorter. That wouldn't be confusing or ironic (being my child they are almost sure to be ghost like) at all. Shrunk however rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend