What We're Doing...

It has been so great having Sean home that I've really neglected this blog. We've had a good weekend - going downtown, cleaning house together, going for drives, watching movies, even going to a baseball game.

It has been so unbelievably hot these days. Our house is an oven, so we just end up going out just to get away from the stifling heat.

I'm still feeling pretty sick - especially today. (Saturday wasn't bad until we were at the baseball game, maybe because we kept busy.)

We haven't done much today. We even stayed home from church since I'm feeling so rotten and we're all so tired. It was a rough night - there was a major party going on in our neighborhood last night, so none of us got a very good sleep. Our concrete house had soaked up that hot sun all day so our room especially was miserably hot - that in addition to the loud music going all night really made me grumpy and sleepless...and still does.

Here are some pictures from our fun time at the baseball game! Think of any baseball game in the States but replace the hot dogs with tacos and you've got a baseball game in Mexico! Not many of our pictures turned out very good (okay, the ones that had me in them turned out awful. Sean didn't tell me I looked like death warmed over. I looked as sick as I felt, I guess. yikes.) Anyway, here are a couple pics to give you an idea of what the game was like.

Maddie really had fun! Notice Sean in the background eating his tostadas!
Here's a guy in his luchador mask throwing out baseball caps to the fans. The masked luchadores are a very integral part of Oaxacan and Mexican culture. Basically, they are pro wrestlers that wear masks. I can't explain it all very well. Maybe you should just watch the movie "Nacho Libre."
Brooklyn was the biggest fan at the game. She loved the experience! We had been watching the first few innings of the game at home on TV and when we walked up the stairs and onto the bleachers she said, "Look Mommy! They got bigger!" She recognized the scene from what we'd just been watching on television and was surprised to find everything and everyone life-size :-)

It was fun and cheap entertainment. We'll definitely have to go back!

Happy Mother's Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend