Happy Memorial Day

No, they don't celebrate Memorial Day in Mexico...but we are having a picnic with our American friends. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have realized what day it is.... I know. It is sad. I've so lost touch with most American holidays. Christmas and Easter, I still get to celebrate - but the rest? Not so much.

  • I'm still sick. I know that morning sickness is actually a good sign -that the pregnancy is going well and that all is normal. But I hate it. I am wondering when this will end. Considering I'm only 9 weeks along, it could still be WEEKS until I stop getting queasy at the sight/smell/thought/mention of food. I'm learning to just deal with it and I'm so glad I'm sick like this for a good cause :-) Still, I wouldn't mind if this stage passed me by a little sooner!
  • Brooklyn got a new bike! She loves her new Strawberry Shortcake wheels. We take her to the park and,boy, does she cover some ground!
  • Sean and I spent the weekend re-arranging the house! It is amazing what HUGE difference moving a few things around has made. Suddenly, things just feel cozier and homier - even without all the things in our shipment that we miss so badly. We LOVE the new arrangement and wonder why we didn't do this sooner. The only problem is that just a tiny little bit of moving stuff around made us both have terrible flashbacks of the major move we just lived through. We DO NOT want to move again any time soon. Really. We. Do. Not.
  • We had an "appointment" this morning for our visas. We signed our lives away and gave fingerprints. The visas? No, we don't have them in our hands. Now they are saying that on Wednesday we'll have them. We are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
  • We're going to do some furniture shopping this afternoon. Sean and I don't have a closet in our room, so we desperately need to find something large enough to store all of our clothes in. I've never really shopped for a "closet" before. What, exactly, do you look for?! I guess it can't be all that hard - just find something you like that has space to hang stuff and maybe a few drawers. Thankfully, most Mexican homes are barren of closet-space and there are many furniture stores that sell "roperos" or large closet-like pieces of furniture. Should be interesting to see what we find. Anything is better than what we have now.

Comments

  1. Shopping for a closet?! A reason to give thanks. Means you have something to put in it. We expect to see "tips on how to shop for a closet" in the next blog.
    The Troyers, Ecuador

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend