Short and Sweet.

It's 8:30 a.m., I'm still in my pajamas with the Wildest Hair South of The Border, the house is a mess, Maddie is still in her soggy nighttime diaper, I have a huge mountain of laundry to do and a prayer letter to write....so I'm really going to try to make this quick.

  • The baseball game still didn't work out. It POURED here on Sunday night. Sean and I went out and found the streets flooded, trees knocked down, and cars stuck in several places -the whole city was shut down. The electricity eventually went off due to a very big lightning strike. So, we spent the evening enjoying the storm, the crispness of the air, and the candlelight.
  • Does this mean rainy season has started? I sure hope so! It has cooled down considerably here, not getting above 75 or 80 degrees. The cool air is refreshing after so many stifling hot days.
  • I finally got to see the MAF office last night. I think the proper word for it would be...."cute." The building is tiny and I'm sure it gets cramped when everybody is in there. We aren't able to have a hangar here in Oaxaca (yet. make that a matter of prayer!) and so they only have this tiny little shack of a building. The building has some earthquake damage due to an earthquake that happened before we arrived and it really needs to be re-built...perhaps with something bigger, or with a hangar? Sure would be nice!
  • We had another funny drive-thru experience at McDonalds. This time, it was Sean, so I don't feel so bad. We really wanted milkshakes, but apparently they don't have those here! We got some pretty crazy looks from the guy at the window as we tried to describe what a milkshake is. It's a long story, but we got sundaes instead. I'm beginning to get a complex with the McDonalds drive-thru. Maybe we should just go in from now on.
That's it for now. Better get this day started...is it really only Tuesday?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend