Thursday

Thursday was Brooklyn's last day at preschool. Her teacher and class threw a great party for her - a happy "un-birthday"/farewell party. I was so blessed to see how they really worked to make the day something special for Brooklyn - and boy was it special! It was just so sweet. I have to confess to a few shed tears on my part. The kids each made a pink card for Brooklyn (you can bet I'm going to save those!) and she got a special present from the whole class. When all the kids gathered around Brooklyn to give her a group hug, I lost it. Luckily, there were other grown-ups there and we were sort of in the middle of a conversation and I was able to do my "stop thinking" tactic. Don't know how healthy it is, but it works!

This preschool experience has just been incredible. Brooklyn has never once wanted to stay home from school and she adores each and every one of her classmates almost as much as she adores her teacher, Miss Sharon. We will definitely miss Shell Christian Preschool! I'm praying for something for Brooklyn - a play group or friends to invite over or something - in Oaxaca, because Brooklyn is too social to stay at home with me alone all day. Maddie is getting older and someday will be a great playmate...but they aren't quite able to really play together well yet. I know God cares about this tiny detail and I'm counting on Him to take care of Brooklyn's social needs (and my sanity) in Mexico just as well as He has here in Ecuador.

Some pictures of the party (Sean, Maddie, and I got to come too):

The whole crew waiting for the yummy treats.

Brooklyn even got a special crown (in pink, of course) to wear all morning at school.

We didn't really do much on Thursday other than go to Brooklyn's party and then to eat dinner at some friends' house (it was delicious and another fun evening with friends, by the way). It was a good day, though a little slower than we would have liked. It is so strange to be a little bored after all our hard work packing and organizing stuff these past few weeks. Guess we did too good of a job!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend