The "Long Time No Blog" Update

With such a busy week last week and no internet, I just haven't been able to keep up on my blogging like I like to. Here are some random bits of news I've been wanting to share:
  • Thanksgiving is already gone. But I'll still tell you what I'm thankful for (in no particular order)...my husband and best friend, my beautiful girls, our exciting life, God's grace, Christ's sacrifice, good friends and coworkers, awesome support from back home, great extended family, a truly rewarding "job" as missionary and mother.....
  • We had a great Thanksgiving weekend at family conference. I spent a lot of time in our room with Maddie who slept a good four hours each afternoon. I honestly didn't mind - I relaxed and had awesome times with the Lord while listening to the rushing river that ran through the ravine below our room. We had a great view outside our window and with the windows open allowing in the fresh mountain breezes...it was just heavenly.
  • Sunshine is a good thing. I didn't realize how much I had been missing it. Today has been sunny all day long and, wow, does it change my perspective on things. Yes, it is a little warmer...but it is beautiful outside!
  • We (and by "we" I mean "I") decorated our Christmas tree last night. We got a real pine tree from up in the mountains again this year and it smells so good! I'm having a hard time believing it is that time of year, though! I mean, I look out of my window here and see flowering hibiscus plants and trees laden with citrus fruit! Christmas?!
  • To help me get in the mood for Christmas, I downloaded a new Christmas album from ITunes. If you are looking for a great, classical sounding and beautiful Christmas album, Josh Groban's "Noel" is the best I've heard in a while. I love it!
  • Speaking of ITunes, can I just tell you how much we love ITunes down here? Sean and I are music lovers and we love that we can find and download just about any album available - even down here in the middle of the jungle. We're able to keep up on and get the latest music as it comes out in the States. If it weren't for ITunes, we would not be able to get much in the way of new music that we like in Ecuador and we'd be just that much crazier - music has such a calming effect on the whole family!
  • My oldest daughter is too sweet. This morning, just as I was waking up, Brooklyn came into our room, climbed on to the bed and declared, "Oh, Mommy, I love you so much!" Now that is a good way to wake up!
  • Maddie still isn't walking. She loves walking alongside the couch but is in no mood to venture beyond the safety of something solid to hold on to. Her latest "trick" has been to throw her head back and laugh, trying to make one of us laugh with her. It works. Every time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend