Short Update

I know I've been sort of hit-and-miss with the blogging the past month or so. I've been busy with some special projects, summer Bible studies, and just trying to keep on top of the usual chores, errands and responsibilities! I really haven't had much to say but I've been thinking...I've got a list of blog topics I really want to write about someday. The nature of my blog may change somewhat in the next several weeks as I implement a little more writing about topics other than family updates and pictures. I've said all along that this blog is an opportunity for me to improve my writing skills...family updates don't quite do that even if I do love writing them! At the same time, I know that the majority of my "readers" - doesn't that sound fancy, I have readers! *ahem* Anyway, most of the people who check in on this blog are either relatives or friends and really only care about the cute antics of my children.... So, the family updates shall continue but will occasionally be interrupted by Deep Thoughts by Becca. Please don't stop reading when I do that! And, by all means, leave a comment or two or five!!

I suppose you want a family update now...
  • We didn't do much this weekend. Why do I feel so tired?
  • Brooklyn is getting so grown up. When she went hiking with her Daddy and our visitor the other day she said, "Hey Daddy - check it out!" Do we say that? I guess she learned it somewhere. Too cute.
  • Maddie still isn't crawling but that girl manages to get around anyway. I'm not exactly sure how, but she moves all over the floor in the living room when we set her down to play with toys. I'm pretty sure she scoots on her bottom...but I've never actually seen her do it. She just sort of magically moves to the other side of the room when I'm not looking.
  • Other than the stolen flowers incident our front yard is looking so beautiful. Sean put some fertilizer on the plants last week and suddenly everything is blooming. Things like that just don't happen so fast where we come from but it sure is fun here! You can literally watch things grow here. One day Sean and I watched a trembling flower bud blossom into a big hibiscus flower in a matter of minutes. It's amazing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend