Sell me something!

This morning I had several errands to run. After I was finished doing a few things around town, I stopped by the little corner store to grab baby wipes (one should never run out of those, 'tis not prudent), bug spray (our red polka-dot legs are only due to stubbornness on our part), and laundry detergent (for some reason we needed that). I parked right along the side of the store near the side door so that I could keep an eye on the girls in the car as a got my stuff. Occasionally I would peek out the door to see Brooklyn's pathetic face in the car window, silently wailing. She was quite upset because I had left her in the car when she really wanted to come in so that she could sneak a new baby doll into my basket. Finally I motioned for her to come on inside while I finished paying. The little twerp marched right into that store and slapped a penny down on the counter. Then she promptly marched to the back of the store where she picked out a slightly orange, sun-faded, hard plastic baby doll. Guess she figured a penny would cover it.

The store owner and I had a good laugh over Brooklyn's antics. It was so cute. But she still didn't get away with it. The baby stayed in the store for the next time we go in so that Brooklyn can beg me for it all over again. And one day, when she doesn't beg me for that cheap plastic thing with its wild synthetic blonde hair, I might just fork over the $1.30 and let her bring it home. Oops, guess all I'll need to pay now is $1.29!

Comments

  1. Ohhhhhhh. There are 4 adoring grandparents who would have chipped in to buy the doll! How cute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend