Yep, we're busy!

Wow! We have been a busy family this past couple of weeks. It's Monday morning and I'm finally finding some time to sit down and say "hi." But it is good to be busy and we're all doing really great.

  • Sean is really busy flying these days since he's the only pilot in Palangka Raya right now. He comes home tired but I also see that little twinkle in his eye that tells me he's having a blast. I love that my husband loves his job!
  • English Club is so much fun! I'm writing a more informative post about that soon, so stay tuned!
  • My niece just graduated from high school! Ack! I can't believe Catie is a high school graduate. I am SO proud of that girl and the beautiful person she's become both inside and out. I felt terribly homesick this past weekend, knowing I was missing out on her big day.
  • We are getting so excited for our upcoming MAF Kalimantan Family Conference. We get to go to a new-to-us city, stay in a nice hotel near the beach, and have a refreshing time with our whole Kalimantan team - the rest of the team serves northeast of here in a town called, Tarakan. We get to spend time with our friends on the beach and by the pool! We get to have encouraging times with excellent speakers who are coming all the way from the U.S. just to minister to us! No cooking for me to do for more than 5 days in a row!!!! And Pizza Hut! And Starbucks! And nice malls and grocery stores! And a chance to restock on good cheese! These are the things missionary wives get excited about.
  • We're still trudging away with homeschooling. I want to shoot homeschooling in the head. Can I say that and still convince you that I really, truly DO enjoy homeschooling my girls? Because I really, really do! (And I really, really need a month or two off!) Only two more weeks til our summer break!
  • Since Sean was on call this past weekend, we decided to try swimming in the evening. It was SO much fun. It's nice not to have to worry about being sunburned and it even felt a tish cool sitting there by the pool. But this is potentially the most important thing - we discovered that the restaurant at this pool serves the best hamburger I have had in Indonesia. Yes, indeed, we have found our new favorite Saturday evening activity.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend