Downtown shopping

Can you spot the white girl in the photo below?

I'm standing in line at a little bakery supply shop on a back alley in downtown Salatiga. Believe it or not, they have a somewhat passable version of chocolate chips there in that little hole-in-the-wall back alley store. (Now there's a sentence you never expect to type in your life.)

I wish Sean could have captured the smells and sounds here...this is right behind the major meat market in town. It's a downright "ripe" part of town.

Somebody showed me where this little shop is on one of my first trips to the downtown area - only she took me first through the street market and up the stairs and through the meat market and back down the back steps into this alley. I didn't know how to get back to this spot except by retracing our steps all the way through the bloody, stinky meat market until just recently.

Whew! I'm so glad I know now how to avoid that unpleasant walk through bloody aisles!

The things I'll do for chocolate!

(In this case, I was actually buying them for a friend since I have a freezer full of all sorts of exciting baking chip flavors right now - thanks Centropolis Christian Church!)



Comments

  1. All hail good chocolate chips! I find it funny the things that fill me with joy here-like finding an actual box of Ritz crackers instead of just a tube of 10 crackers-I nearly jumped up and down in the grocery aisle after that find!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend