Ode to a Swell Guy

My Best Friend is celebrating a birthday today.

Seems like a proper time to tell the world one more time just how much he means to me...here are some of my favorite things about Sean:
  • His sense of humor
  • His ability to laugh as much at himself as he does at me
  • His passion for the things of God
  • His desire to "not waste his life"
  • His nifty flying skills
  • His willingness to do anything that needs done - even if it means changing diapers!
  • How seriously he takes his role as priest in this family
  • His can-do attitude
  • His determination to live life to the fullest
  • His friendliness
  • His outgoing personality
  • He's not afraid to ask for directions, though he still leaves the toilet seat up.
  • The way he encourages me
  • That he loves me - it still surprises me!
  • That he values my input on all things large and small
  • He's a good kisser!
  • That almost every day, he makes me stop what I'm doing so he can give me a big hug.
  • That we have so much history and adventure together!
  • His adventurous spirit!
  • The way he tackles seemingly impossible projects.
  • The way he prays.
  • His faith.
  • His reckless abandon to the Christ he adores.
  • His obsession with taking pictures.
  • The way he loves to worship God
  • How deeply he loves his girls
  • He takes God at his Word.
  • The way he helps Brooklyn with her homework every night.
  • How he loves creation
  • His fascination with nature and science.
  • His goofy laugh.
  • His willingness to watch chick flicks with me.
  • He can dress a Barbie or a Polly Pocket just as quick as I can.
  • That his favorite movies are so random - Lonesome Dove, Napoleon Dynamite...
  • He really got into the chicken thing and had fun with it too!
  • He loves music - every possible kind, just like me.
  • He gets a kick out of rotor-tilling the garden.
  • He loves flowers....maybe more than I do!
  • He plays the guitar.
  • He's always willing to grow and mature - he's changed in the 13 years or so I've known him.
  • When we were dating long-distance, he wrote two letters for every one I wrote him.
  • His love of other cultures.
  • The way he speaks Spanish to anybody who will listen.
  • He answers the phone because he knows I won't.
  • The way he inspires not only me but so many others.
  • People really seem to like him!
  • He's honest - what you see is what you get.
  • He loves "form and function." I'm not sure what that means, but he loves it!
  • He's never in too much of a hurry to stop and smell the roses...or take a picture of them.
  • He makes me laugh!
  • He knows me.
  • He's not afraid to say what needs said.
  • He stops to help people who look like they need help.
  • He can fix stuff. He's rather handy to have around.
  • He provides for and protects us!
  • His self-confidence and God-confidence.
  • He loves to tickle his girls and make them laugh.
  • He can't wait to teach his girls new things.
  • His daughters adore him and they know he adores them.
  • The way he preaches and gets up to give our presentation in churches - he does a good job!
  • That he'll admit when he's wrong and will graciously not rub my nose in it when he's right!
  • He's still my best friend after almost 10 years of marriage!!
  • The fact that my posting all this on my blog for everyone to read will embarrass him.
Dead Horse Point SP

Happy Birthday, Sean!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend