Simple. Life.

I love the Simple Woman's Daybook. It really helps you appreciate the small details of life when you are taking the time to notice and record them.

Outside my window... a bright green, lush backyard that we planted just this spring. Yay!

I am thinking...too much. Sometimes it would be nice to turn off my brain.

I am hearing...the sound of the fan and happy mumblings of children lost in their own little worlds.

I am thankful for... a mom who listens so well.

I am also thankful for...The help my 15-year-old niece was while she was visiting over the past week or so (we really miss her already).

From the kitchen... dinner of Arroz con Pollo. A standard Ecuadorian/Latin American dish that is simple, quick, and satisfying. Maybe some pudding or a chocolate cake for dessert?

I am wearing...a long black skirt (everything else was dirty) and a purple tee

I am reading... Faith of My Fathers by Lynn Austin - a nice, easy fiction.

I am hoping... that we can go for another walk this evening when Sean gets home.

I am creating... good summer memories with my kids...I hope!

I am praying... for several different things on my mind and heart these days.

Around the house... Brooklyn is dressed to the nines in her princess dress-up, Maddie is wearing red cords that must be SO HOT right now and playing on the couch with a magnadoodle, Paige is taking a nap, and there are toys everywhere!

One of my favorite things... watching my chickens peck around the yard for tasty treats (and fighting over the tiny frogs when they find one).

A few plans for the rest of the week... some appointments, dinner with friends, maybe repainting our bathroom.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Maddie and her cousin, Audrey, riding Granpa's mule several weeks ago. They kept telling each other to on hold tight! Too cute. We love it when the cousins come down for a visit :-)

Comments

  1. I wish that pic had audio. It was hilarious listening to their CONSTANT chatter. Poor Grandpa's ears...poor mule's ears. Thanks for all the posts lately, Becca! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I should do this Simple Woman's Daybook meme/carnival. It fits with my whole "slow" theme. Maybe your personal intro provided the inspiration to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend