Growing up....but still a cute kid!

Oh, this girl is getting too big. I don't think I like it. She's a regular farm girl, as you can see. She hopped right up on that mule at Grandpa Ron's house the other day without thinking twice. She's not afraid of anything! How can she love princesses and dancing and singing so much but still love getting dirty and doing "boy" stuff? She's social too - she feels no shame to holler an invitation to come play across a couple of acres at the neighbor girl that she is now best buddies with (after meeting once). I see so much of myself in her, but her outgoing personality is all from her Daddy!

Yesterday was Brooklyn's last day of preschool. She "graduated" in a simple ceremony in the morning and feels quite proud of herself as a big Kindergartner now! As we move on to the next stage of life for her, I find myself tearing up, realizing she's no baby anymore. The evidence is in the jeans that now fall way too high above her ankles.

But she's not all grown up yet. Yesterday she was very upset because she had lost her new Hannah Montana pajamas (don't even get me started on my tirade that the only pair of pajamas I could find were plastered with pictures of teeny bopper pop stars). Anyway, the story finally came out that she'd been trying to throw her new jammies up onto her bed - the top bunk - and they'd somehow gotten lost in the process. In her most serious voice she proclaimed, "I had them in my hand and then it was like they suddenly compeared!" (that's disappeared, in case you didn't figure it out.) You'll be glad to know that the pajamas uncompeared just as magically as they compeared - behind the bedroom door.

Comments

  1. Brooklyn IS an amazing kid...so sweet. I love the way she looks at me when I'm being weird. Eyes big as saucers. One day I shortened her name to "Brook," and she said "Why do you ALWAYS call me that?" Okey dokey then, "Brooklyn" it is. Hee hee. I love you, Brooklyn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my little dear is not afraid to say what she's thinking. "Don't you have something for me?" "Who are you?" "Do you have a baby in your belly?" "Why aren't you married?" I'm always a little nervous when I see her talking to somebody....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend