Overcoming

I've been in a weird place lately. It bothers me and I don't like to share about it much. But here's the truth - God is dealing with me in areas that until now I have kept firmly walled in and out of reach. Funny thing. Nothing is out of reach for God. Read Psalm 139.

While this is a very personal journey and not something I'm ready to share the details about, I will say that I believe God has a purpose in all He is doing in me right now. I'll confess that I don't much like where I'm at at the moment. It's ugly. Unpleasant. Humbling.

But one thing God keeps telling me over and over again through others and His Word is that He loves me. He loves me! I tell you what, that simple Truth is probably the hardest one for me to grasp. Be honest with yourself, do you really grasp it?

As I face giants and ugliness I'd rather have kept buried these days, there is another thing God keeps reminding me. I am an Overcomer. It's already been beat. Every problem and issue and emotional quirk and sin - He's already overcome it! And through Him, I'm victorious too.

"for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God." 1 John 5:4-5


"They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony...." Revelation 12:11









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend