Devious Bug

So I thought I was better....NOT! I have been languishing all around the house today. I felt so much better yesterday but today I'm worse off than ever. Must be some kind of tricky, devious bug that makes you think you are better before it really kicks in. I just haven't been sick like this in a very long time. And I'm being pretty wimpy about it, too.

This cold has now settled in my chest. It hurts to cough, sneeze, blow my nose, or even talk. I've got an achey body, glazed over eyes, a ridiculously sore throat, and well...I'm miserable! I was looking forward to going to church this morning but realized as I was showering up that I was in no shape to leave the house. I've managed to watch a movie or two, take at least 6 hours' worth of naps, and finish a book. Nothing else. I can't wait to get better. Luckily, Brooklyn hasn't been nearly as bad off as I am (so far) and Maddie is staying healthy.

Sean has been very patient and kind. I'm grateful that he's been around to help with the girls while I languish. He tried to get me out for fresh air - we went for a drive and stopped near the river but I stayed in the car .... languishing. Brooklyn ended up falling into a little stream while we were out and it would have been very funny if it didn't hurt for me to laugh. We drove home with a happily naked little girl who stunk of stagnant water - or so Sean tells me, I can't smell a thing. I'm just wondering how much of that disgusting water she swallowed and how long it will take for those amoebas to kick in. You can pray that doesn't happen!

Well, I'm off to bed. To languish....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend