A Great Week...

Mom and I are enjoying a great week. Sean blogged about our trip to Tiwaeno. I was so blessed to get to do that! I can't believe we've been here for over a year and I just barely got to see what my husband does every day. I hadn't been in a small plane for over two years either - since I grew up going in small planes with my Daddy, going for an airplane ride has a very homey feel to it...I forgot how much fun it is! I can't quite find the words to describe how I felt or how grateful I was to have the experience - and to share it with my mom and children too! Overwhelmingly wonderful. That's all there is to it.

On a much less profound level - I'm just thrilled that Mom and I were able to finish making curtains for our living room, guest room, dining room and kitchen. Mom did most of the sewing and it all looks so good. I did a few of the smaller curtains and had fun with it - maybe I'm not so terrible after all. Mom and I did fight my sewing machine a little bit - it does some weird things every once in a while and we never really were able to figure out what caused the problems. Sometimes it just gets frisky and mischievous, I guess. I was a little glad to discover that the problems I've had with that machine haven't all been because of me....although there is a very great possibility that I created the problems to begin with....

At any rate, the week is going by far too quickly but I'm treasuring the time spent just being with my momma. I have fabulous memories of a trip to the jungle with my sweet mother (did she not look precious in those pictures on Sean's blog?) and I have curtains hanging all over my house that will always remind me of our special week. Little things like that are BIG to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School Daze

Laugh with me #1

About Last Weekend